Come FEAST with us!
Tickets for Toronto’s first ever FEAST (Funding Emerging Arts with Sustainable Tactics) event are now on sale. FEAST is happening Sunday, January 16, 2011 at XPACE Cultural Centre from 6-10 PM.
Tickets are first come, first serve so get your tickets now! Available starting December 8 at XPACE Cultural Centre, 58 Ossington Avenue, or by contacting Amber Landgraff and Deborah Wang at email@example.com. We accept cash only.
What it is:
A sliding scale dinner and funding event, FEAST invites artists and groups to propose projects taking place in the Toronto community. For only $20-25 or $10 for students (with valid student card) you will get a 3 course vegetarian dinner, beverages, beer (for those of legal drinking age), and a ballot.
Diners will vote on a variety of proposed artist projects. At the end of the dinner, the artist or group whose proposal receives the most number of votes will be awarded funds, collected through the entrance fees, to produce their project. The artist or group will be invited back to the next FEAST to present their completed
While the recommended ticket prices are between $20-25 regular price and $10 for students, the event works on the basis of the more that people can share, the larger the grants we can provide. FEAST Toronto is in its infancy. With your support we hope to see this event continue to grow.
How it works:
1. Buy a ticket for dinner on Sunday, January 16th, 2011 at XPACE Cultural Centre
2. Enjoy dinner and conversation with all of your friends and community
3. Over the course of dinner artists present project proposals for your consideration
4. Everyone votes for which project they would like to fund
5. The project with the most votes is funded from the money raised from ticket sales. (As well, the student project with the most votes will be awarded with the XPACE student grant.)
FEAST is generously co-presented by XPACE Cultural Centre, sponsored by A Space Gallery and Amsterdam Beer, and supported by Fuse Magazine.