FEAST is happening Sunday, September 25, 2011 at XPACE Cultural Centre from 6-10 PM.
What it is:
FEAST (Funding Engaging Actions with Sustainable Tactics) Toronto is a series of community dinners and micro-funding events. During each dinner, artists, designers and groups are invited to present proposals for art- or design-based projects. Everyone attending the dinner votes on which project they would like to fund, and the project with the most votes is given a grant from the money raised from the ticket sales.
The ticket cost for the locally-sourced, vegetarian dinner is a sliding scale of $20-30 (and $10 for students with valid student ID).
FEAST works on the basis that the more that people can share, the larger the grants we can collectively provide. Since our first FEAST, we’ve funded four projects with $2357. Toronto’s FEAST is in its infancy. With your support we hope to see this event continue to grow.
How it works:
- Buy a ticket for the dinner on September 25, 2011 at XPACE Cultural Centre
- Enjoy dinner and conversation with your friends and community
- Over the course of dinner people present project proposals for your consideration
- Everyone votes for which project they would like to fund
- The project with the most votes is funded from the money raised from ticket sales
Tickets are first come, first serve so get your tickets now!
Tickets are available in-person at XPACE Cultural Centre, 58 Ossington Avenue, Toronto, Tuesday through Saturday, 12-6 PM. Cash only.
Contact XPACE at 416 849 2864
Contact FEAST at firstname.lastname@example.org